Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday, July 14th - Day 11 - "Wicked Ride"

Went down the interstate from Seattle to Portland so that I could get into town to meet up with a buddy's buddy who was gonna take me on some wicked riding. Went down Scappoose/Vernonia Hiway to Apiary Rd, and then we went to Rainier and Logie Trail Rd. Incredible, awesome sweepers.. Had one close call, where I naerly ditched, dumb mistake, brought the bike up near the end of a turn and went onto the gravel shoulder, put one foot down like I was doing motorcross and kept it up, thank god.


I stayed at a buddy's place, who was working abroad and her and a couple friends took me to a place called Henry's in Portland for a couple pints and appetizers. i had an AMAZING burger. His buddy from the ride earlier met us and we dropped off one of her friends and called it a night. 


Such a great experience though, rolling with other riders, and hanging out. 


Not a lot of pictures, kinda hard to photograph when you're leaning into a 15mph corner hahah!


Oh yeah, got my first speeding ticket. hopefully the last. 10 over in a 70. i was really doing 15, I dont have miles on my speedometer lol! Not bad considering how fast I'm usually going. But it's nice to not take forever getting to the next town.


2 comments:

  1. No more close calls!! We want you back in one piece!!
    Oh and how much was the ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah, what's the point in riding if you aren't gonna ride fast? I gotta take advantage of the chances to lean low... it feels so good... even when the knees hurt like a son-of-a-bitch!

    $113. Chump change... Is this El-Hachem? You should know better than to scold me, lol

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to suggest anything I should do during my trip, or just ask a question or post a comment.